One of the key aims of Mission Scotland was to raise the bar on Community work to the level of community ministry. To encourage all to see he practical needs of our communities as spiritual issues rather than simply needs to be met. Through working in our local Corps based Community programmes Mission Scotland advocates ensuring that 'Jesus turns up' in all our provision.
He are some of the practical things that Mission Scotland has done in this respect...
- emphasising that Community Ministry is a local issue for a local Corps meeting local needs that needs to be resourced in a timely and effective way.
- providing tools so that assesment of local need can be taken and responded to in a professional way.
- providing community welcome packs so that local information can be inserted.
- providing a yearly gathering for those involved in communtiy ministry.
- assessing who is really coming into our buildings and what their real need is.
Most importantly Mission Scotland has focused on the fact that in our community ministry there has to be a clear signpost to other provisions and - most importantly - to spiritual needs based ministry.
People within a community who are transformed individuals see their communities transformed!